The Center for Belonging nurtures grassroots community connection in spacious time through celebration, ritual, play, song, story, art, food, craft, and learning together with nature. We are non-experts working together to offer authentic alternatives to the perfectionism, isolation, and rush of modern society. We create simple and welcoming ways for connecting humans of all ages to spirit, land, and one another.
Join us in
- RSVP ClosedFri, Nov 03Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat CenterNov 03, 2023, 6:00 PM – Nov 05, 2023, 1:00 PMOur Lady of the Prairie Retreat Center, 2664 145th Ave, Wheatland, IA 52777, USADo you love to sing? Or, have you always wanted to sing but been told you couldn't? Whoever you are, you are welcome to come join in song to build connection to earth and spirit.
- RSVP ClosedSat, Oct 21DecorahOct 21, 2023, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PMDecorah, 1591 Manawa Trail Rd, Decorah, IA 52101, USACome alone, come with a neighbor, or come with family! Optional free camping on Saturday or Sunday night.
- Multiple DatesSun, Sep 10Pulpit Rock Brewing Company Events SpaceSep 10, 2023, 3:30 PM – 5:00 PMPulpit Rock Brewing Company Events Space, 207 College Dr, Decorah, IA 52101, USAJoin us for an 8 week series of song circles and experience joy in community through voice and song! Liz will lead the group in simple, engaging songs that fill the room with harmony. No singing experience is required; All voices welcome--including yours!
- RSVP ClosedSat, Jul 08Center for Belonging Folk SchoolJul 08, 2023, 6:00 PM – 8:30 PMCenter for Belonging Folk School, 1591 Manawa Trail Rd, Decorah, IA 52101, USAJoin us for a song circle with song + grief tender Alexandra "Ahlay" Blakely.
- RSVP ClosedSat, Jun 17Center for Belonging Folk SchoolJun 17, 2023, 9:00 AM – Jun 18, 2023, 5:00 PMCenter for Belonging Folk School, 1591 Manawa Trail Rd, Decorah, IA 52101, USA
- RSVP ClosedThu, Jun 01Center for Belonging Folk SchoolJun 01, 2023, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PMCenter for Belonging Folk School, 1591 Manawa Trail Rd, Decorah, IA 52101, USACome spend a day in the gazebo in the woods at the Center for Belonging learning from a master basket maker!
- Wed, Apr 19Decorah (exact location TBD)Apr 19, 2023, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PMDecorah (exact location TBD), Decorah, IA 52101, USACome acquaint yourself with an invigorating and unique vocal style, wrap your mind and mouth around new languages, and get a visceral glimpse into other cultures!
- RSVP ClosedSun, Mar 05Pulpit Rock Brewery Events RoomMar 05, 2023, 1:30 PM – 5:00 PMPulpit Rock Brewery Events Room, 207 College Drive, Decorah, IA 52101, USAJoin Heartwood, a trio of songweavers and community song leaders for an afternoon of singing! They will teach original, harmony-rich, accessible songs inspired by the wild without and within. All voices are welcome and the songs will be taught by ear.
- RSVP ClosedSun, Jan 15Pulpit Rock Brewing Event RoomJan 15, 2023, 4:00 PM – 5:30 PMPulpit Rock Brewing Event Room, 207 College Dr, Decorah, IA 52101, USAJoin us for an 8 week series of singing workshops and experience joy in community through voice and song! No singing experience is required.
- RSVP ClosedSun, Nov 20Pulpit Rock Brewery Events RoomNov 20, 2022, 4:00 PM – Nov 21, 2022, 5:30 PMPulpit Rock Brewery Events Room, 207 College Dr, Decorah, IA 52101, USAWith Liz Rog and the EarthSong Community Singers. For the sheer joy of singing and being together with friends new and old!
- RSVP ClosedTue, Oct 25DecorahOct 25, 2022, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PMDecorah, 1591 Manawa Trail Rd, Decorah, IA 52101, USAPlease join us as we explore the woods of local landowners Liz Rog and Daniel Rotto (Fern Hollow) in Winneshiek County. This event is designed to offer women an opportunity to meet each other and learn from Liz about how she and her family have managed their woodlands.
- RSVP ClosedSun, Sep 18Center for Belonging Folk SchoolSep 18, 2022, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PMCenter for Belonging Folk School, 1591 Manawa Trail Rd, Decorah, IA 52101, USAJoin songleaders Aimée Ringle and Barbara McAfee for a joyful afternoon of heartfelt song!